Saturday 7 December 2013

Brief Comic Interlude (Courtesy Of Killer)

OK so you think BOOKING the flight was stressful………….

Try CANCELLING it for a REFUND……….

Phone number…….get weird Turkish music…….even weirder Turkish dialogue…..press 2 for ‘English’

Pressed 2…..more music…….bloke with Turkish accent answers eventually…….sounds like he is in a cave somewhere in Cappadocia?

Situation explained……checks details……anoounces 100 Euro charge…….wont be swayed on the 7 day quote from ‘fare rules’. Keeps me hanging on while he checks (several times). Eventually tells me he has never done a cancellation like this before and ‘I vill putt u thru to Gustomer Zervices’…

Back to weird music…….’Gustomer Zervices Ow May I elp u’……..explain situation again…….no comment……’I vill putt u thru to a desk clerk’….NO…NO

Back to weird music and the feeling that I will get the original bloke back again but no……

It’s a female this time but equally incomprehensible………situation explained….details checked…..’NO I AM NOT DANIEL MACFAUL, I AM HIS FATHER.ETC ETC’

Checks details again and announces 100 Euro charge……once again I read out fare rules…. @No U are mistaken Zir……we start arguing…’Are you a Travel agent Zir’ (no)….’Are you on our Vebsite Zir?’ (no I am reading from your fare rules on the electronic ticket’….’OK Zir Pls hold I must check viff zumone ebout Zis’

THIS IS THE SHORTENED VERSION SO……………….EVENTUALLY

She agrees to full refund ‘Pls vait vile I putt remarks on ze booking’………c. $250 will be refunded….NO>>>>>BOTH tickets pls. ‘Oh Zir u vant to cancel BOTH tickets?’…………….AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Yes pls…….

So in theory you should now be getting a full refund within 2-7 days……but don’t blame me if it comes in Turkish lire….if at all.

Meanwhile you are drinking beers, watching football and enjoying tropical (albeit damp) weather….BAH!.......GRRRRRR!

PS We finished your maple syrup this morning with some blueberry pancakes…..

2 comments:

  1. My commission on the refund is 30% - if it ever materialises. By the way your Maltese fig marmalade was a bit dodgy so I dumped it and kept the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The money has turned up in Sarah's account, thanks again. Im quite sure some of the food in my cupboard was dodgy, but I'm also sure those beers you inherited from me will compensate.

      Speaking of which, went to a bar in Ouro Preto last night, they had bottles of Erdinger Urweisse for R$18, which is about £4.50, sort of the same as we would pay at home in a pub. And that was an expensive restaurant!

      Delete